Mt. Maunganui Hot Salt Water Pools. Heated salt water bathing is reputed to be a great healing process, and these pools offer just that, nestled beneath the tower Mauao, Mt Maunganui. The complex includes a cool pool with marked lanes for anyone who wants some serious exercise, but most visitors prefer to soak in the hotter saltwater pools. If that's not enough, book a session with one of the in-house massage therapists. Adams Ave., Tauranga, 3116. 07/575–0868. www.tcal.co.nz. $NZ10. Mon.–Sat. 6 am–10 pm, Sun. 8 am–10 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's