Fodor's New Zealand
Casa Del Mare
At a Glance
- welcoming hosts
- comfortable rooms
- too far from Mount Maunganui or Tauranga to use as a base for multiple trips during the day
Check Rates from our Partners
Casa Del Mare Review
This huge neoclassical structure with pillars framing the front door is not your typical beachside cottage. The hosts are generous with their time and completely hospitable. The two guest bedrooms are linked by a shared living room and open onto a courtyard patio planted with climbing roses and topiary. While not local to anything except the magnificently expansive Papamoa Beach across the street, it is well placed for day trips either down the coast to Whakatane or up to Mount Maunganui and Tauranga. Breakfast included, other meals by arrangement, massage therapist can be booked.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more