Fodor's New Zealand
Flaxhaven Lodge Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- friendly hosts
- amazingly comfortable beds
- lovely garden
- quite remote from any shops, a road trip and ferry crossing required to nearest town (Whitianga)
Check Rates from our Partners
Flaxhaven Lodge Bed & Breakfast Review
Your hosts Lee and John will welcome you with a glass of wine or a cup of tea and some baked goods while you sink into one of the plush couches in their living room. They're also a mine of information about the local attractions. The purpose-built guest wing, with its own living room and bathroom, is set off to one side of the main house and looks out onto a large well-kept garden and neighboring fields and trees. The self-contained, two-bedroom cottage opens out to its own private deck and gardens. All beautifully appointed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more