Fodor's New Zealand
At a Glance
- stunning location
- friendly hosts
- good self-contained accommodations
- a bit too far to walk to town
Check Rates from our Partners
Beachfront Resort Review
You can step out of this tiny, family-run property's garden onto a breathtaking beach. No road, just the pohutukawa trees come between your room and the sand. The downstairs rooms claim the best beach access, but great views and the most sun are upstairs. Either way, seven of the eight rooms have beach views. The rooms are simple but stylish decor, upgraded in 2013. Outside there's a garden, self-catering barbecue, and new hot tub. Sports equipment, including kayaks and body boards, is available at no extra charge. These are the only accommodations in Whitianga that sit right on the beach, so book in advance during the summer months. There is one wheelchair accessible unit.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more