Fodor's New Zealand
Papamoa Hills Regional Park
Papamoa Hills Regional Park Review
Twenty kilometers (12½ mi) from Tauranga, the 45-minute summit walk through the 108-acre park on the Papamoa Hills (Te Rae o Papamoa) will take you past Māori pā sites dating back to 1460, considered some of the most important and earliest arcaheological sites in the region. You climb through pine forest, then open farmland. As you emerge from the trees, views take in everything between Mauao and White Island. Follow the clearly marked track from the car park, which is at the end of Poplar Lane, which turns off SH2 beside a little nursery and produce store.
- Address: Poplar Lane, Papamoa Hills, Tauranga, 3187
- Location: Tauranga
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more