Fodor's New Zealand
Mount Bistro Review
The prices set this restaurant apart from other Mount Maunganui options, but then, so does the chef and his menu. The street-side restaurant looks out onto Mauao (Mt Maunganui). In the open-plan kitchen, nationally renowned chef Stephen Barry fuses indigenous ingredients with Pacific Rim flavors. The chef, and the restaurant, have won pretty well every culinary award going since opening in 2007, not least New Zealand Restaurant of the Year 2010. From the a la carte menu, the entree of "Sword n Sauce-ry" (skewer of scallops, prawn tail, crayfish, salmon, fresh fish flambeed with horopito and lime vodka served with dipping sauces) is just one of a number of Barry's standout, signature dishes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
I am hoping to visit NZ to see some friends in Nelson for a couple of days. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more