Fodor's New Zealand
UMU Café Review
Like many places to eat on the peninsula, this café does a roaring trade with mussels—chowders, and a platter with mussels served every which way you could imagine. There's also salmon bagels for breakfast, and fresh line-caught fish. Pizzas are popular, and the dinner menu serves all the classics, including lamb, beef fillet, chicken, and vegetarian specials as well as seafood. Each day a mass of cabinet food is cooked on the premises: quiches, cakes, and sandwiches, and the coffee is Fair Trade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
Two couples, retirees but active, traveling together we have 9 days carved out for NZ and have decided to focus on the South Island. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more