Fodor's New Zealand
UMU Café Review
Like many places to eat on the peninsula, this café does a roaring trade with mussels—chowders, and a platter with mussels served every which way you could imagine. There's also salmon bagels for breakfast, and fresh line-caught fish. Pizzas are popular, and the dinner menu serves all the classics, including lamb, beef fillet, chicken, and vegetarian specials as well as seafood. Each day a mass of cabinet food is cooked on the premises: quiches, cakes, and sandwiches, and the coffee is Fair Trade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more