Fodor's New Zealand
Weta Design Review
The Weta Design gallery is named after the country's largest native insect, which looks like a grasshopper with armor. This gallery has a wide range of items, from large and really lovely glass totems to small, finely made tiles, not to mention fabric art, carving, and ceramics. The gallery also has New Zealand jewelry. Keep an eye out for the silver work by Anna Hallissey. Her delicate brooches are based on the tiny branches of the manuka tree, while a wittier piece is a silver version of the plastic clip used to close bread bags. For a truly unique gift they sell a surprisingly packaged weta.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
Which bus tours of GrayLine took you to the most beautiful and scenic places? Read more
· News & Features
Our resident cruise expert doles out tips and advice for solo cruisers looking to save money on thei... Read more
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more