Fodor's New Zealand
Weta Design Review
The Weta Design gallery is named after the country's largest native insect, which looks like a grasshopper with armor. This gallery has a wide range of items, from large and really lovely glass totems to small, finely made tiles, not to mention fabric art, carving, and ceramics. The gallery also has New Zealand jewelry. Keep an eye out for the silver work by Anna Hallissey. Her delicate brooches are based on the tiny branches of the manuka tree, while a wittier piece is a silver version of the plastic clip used to close bread bags. For a truly unique gift they sell a surprisingly packaged weta.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more