Fodor's New Zealand
Mills Reef Winery
Mills Reef Winery Review
Owner–winemaker Paddy Preston of Mills Reef Winery used to make kiwifruit wine, but he hasn't looked back since he turned to the real thing. The lovely 20-acre complex includes the art-deco style Tasting Room and Restaurant. Alfresco dining is popular at the restaurant, which promises (and delivers) a menu of "Antipodean/Pacific Rim food blending the best of local produce and culinary innovations," matched of course with classy Mills Reef wines. It's open daily for brunch and lunch, reservations essential for dinner. The cellar door/tasting room is open daily 9 to 5.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more