Fodor's New Zealand
Lindemann Road Lookout
Lindemann Road Lookout Review
For great views over the Bay of Plenty, go a couple of minutes north of Katikati on State Highway 2 to the Lindemann Road Lookout. It's signposted where Lindemann Road turns off the main road. Drive 3.5 km (2 mi) to the road end and the lookout. The road is good but narrow in parts. At the lookout you'll find a map embedded in rock to help orient you. Look for Mayor Island just to the north and Mauao (Mt. Maunganui) to the south. If the weather is clear you might even see volcanic White Island, farther to the south.
- Location: Katikati
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more