Fodor's New Zealand
Mount Surf Museum
Mount Surf Museum Review
This quirky spot displays more than 500 surfboards, some from the beginning of surfing in New Zealand, and other surf memorabilia—reportedly the largest collection in New Zealand. There's some cool stories, too, about bad surfer dudes like Mickey Dora, convicted fraudster who hid (and surfed) in New Zealand for two years before the authorities caught up with him. The museum is housed in the outlet branch of the Mount Surf Shop, Mount Maunganui's surfing specialist store.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more