Fodor's New Zealand
Puka Park Resort Grand Mecure
At a Glance
- upmarket and well appointed
- attracts dressy people
- seems too formal for the laid-back, beachy flavor of the region
- access to rooms not easy
Check Rates from our Partners
Puka Park Resort Grand Mecure Review
This hillside hideaway, managed by the international Accor hotel chain, lies in native bushland on Pauanui Beach, at the seaward end of Tairua Harbor. Timber chalets are expertly furnished. Sliding glass doors lead to a balcony perched among the treetops. The Mihi Restaurant describes its menu as "Pacific Rim with a modern European twist," covering all bases; the elegant interior or casual al fresco spaces are a delight. The turnoff to Pauanui from State Highway 25 is about 6 km (4 mi) south of Tairua.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more