Getting Here and Around
As with every town in the Coromandel, you can arrange to be dropped off or collected by any of the three main bus companies-nakedbus, Go Kiwi, or InterCity. There is no rental car company in Coromandel town, so if you decide you want to get around by yourself, you'll need to rent a car in neighboring towns of Thames or Whitianga. Alternatively, Kahaia Tours offer daily, customized tours.
Upon arriving, head over to the Coromandel i-SITE Visitor Information Centre and pick up a copy of "Coromandel's Walking Tracks." This unassuming photocopied booklet (cost NZ$1) points out all the local walks in Coromandel town and the greater area.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's