Getting Here and Around in Coromandel
Getting Here and Around
As with every town in the Coromandel, you can arrange to be dropped off or collected by any of the three main bus companies-nakedbus, Go Kiwi, or InterCity. There is no rental car company in Coromandel town, so if you decide you want to get around by yourself, you'll need to rent a car in neighboring towns of Thames or Whitianga. Alternatively, Kahaia Tours offer daily, customized tours.
Upon arriving, head over to the Coromandel i-SITE Visitor Information Centre and pick up a copy of "Coromandel's Walking Tracks." This unassuming photocopied booklet (cost NZ$1) points out all the local walks in Coromandel town and the greater area.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's