Getting Here and Around
If you're day-tripping from Whitianga, take the five-minute ferry ride (which leaves every hour, NZ$4 round-trip) across to Flaxmill Bay and explore by foot. Alternatively, follow State Highway 25 south from Whitianga. The road takes you past the Wilderlands roadside stand (selling organic produce and delicious honey from a local commune) and on to Flaxmill Bay, Cooks Beach, and Hahei.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's