The beaches, coves, and seaside villages around Hahei make for a great day of exploring—or lounging. If you're craving a true beach vacation, consider basing yourself in Hahei rather than in Whitianga. From Hahei, you can easily reach Cathedral Cove, the Purangi Estuary, Cooks Beach, and Flaxmill Bay; the famous Hot Water Beach is only minutes away.
Around Hahei at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Coromandel Peninsula and the Bay of Plenty
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's