Coromandel Peninsula and the Bay of Plenty Travel Guide
Plan Your Coromandel Peninsula and the Bay of Plenty Vacation
Beautiful sandy beaches, lush native forests, and some steamy geothermal activity make Coromandel Peninsula and Bay of Plenty quite a departure from überurban Auckland. Many residents live in fishing villages or small rural towns, with the occasional artsy community or alternative-lifestyle commune thrown in, particularly in the Coromandel.
Like mellow places around the world, you'll find plenty of comfortable bed-and-breakfasts and mom-and-pop motels, but both... read more
There are many dining options across the Coromandel and Bay of Plenty. You can buy food from roadside seafood shacks and... read more
Things To Do in Coromandel Peninsula and the Bay of Plenty
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $1278* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/Tax Air New Zealand
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Before leaving the US, we armed ourselves with New Zealand Fre... Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report.... Read more