- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mt. Cass Walkway. Here's a moderately strenuous way to wear off some of those wine- and lunch-induced calories. This three-hour return climb up Mt. Cass produces a spectacular view over the surrounding countryside of the Waipara Valley. As it crosses through working farmland on the Tiromoana Station, be careful to leave gates and marker posts as you find them. Use the stiles provided for crossing fence lines and wear strong walking shoes. The track is closed each year in spring while the sheep are lambing. Mt. Cass Rd., Waipara, 7483. www.tiromoanabush.co.nz. Closed approx. Aug.–Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's