- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Direct flights arrive into Christchurch from the major New Zealand cities, the larger Australian cities, some parts of Asia, and the Pacific Islands. There are no direct flights from North America. Air New Zealand Link and the smaller regional airlines connect Christchurch to Auckland and Wellington, many South Island centers, and the Chatham Islands. Pacific Blue and Air New Zealand fly direct to Australia. Charter helicopters connect to high country and remote lodges.
Air Chathams (03/305–0209. www.airchathams.co.nz.)
Air New Zealand (0800/737–000 (NZ only). www.airnewzealand.co.nz.)
Pacific Blue (0800/670–000 (NZ only). www.flypacificblue.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe