Sights & Attractions in Christchurch and Canterbury
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula
Akaroa Historic Area Walk
Amble along the narrow streets past old-fashioned little cottages...
|Trails||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
The focus of historic interest is the Akaroa Museum, which has...
|Museums / Galleries||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
Eastern Bays Scenic Mail Run
To see nearly a dozen hideaway bays, sign up to ride with the...
|Tours||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
Little River Cafe & Store
What a buzz this place is—walk in and inhale deeply. It's a busy...
|Stores / Malls, Restaurants||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
The contrast of the rim of the old volcanic cone and the coves...
|Bodies of Water||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
Okains Bay Māori and Colonial Museum
This collection of buildings contains 20,000 Māori and 19th-century...
|Museum Village, Museums / Galleries, Beaches, Historic Districts / Sites||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
State Highway 75
State Highway 75 leads from Christchurch out onto the peninsula...
|Scenic Drives||Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's