Macpac also sells well-priced outdoor (and merino) clothing, backpacks, accessories, sleeping bags and tents. This store is now across NZ but it was founded in Christchurch in 1973. It also has good reductions at sale times, but if you're not here at the right time you can hunt for a bargain in its biggest clearance area; upstairs at Tower Junction in Blenheim Road.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Before leaving the US, we armed ourselves with New Zealand Fre... Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report.... Read more