- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Akaroa Historic Area Walk
Akaroa Historic Area Walk Review
Amble along the narrow streets past old-fashioned little cottages and historic buildings that reflect the area's multicultural background. You can start this easy two-hour walk at the Akaroa Visitor Centre. Hire an audio guide ($NZ10); it comes with a map that outlines the walk and points of interest.
- Address: 120 Rue Jolie, Akaroa, 7520
- Location: Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
We are a couple in our mid 60's taking our first trip to NZ & Australia.
Since we will be flying from Boston, USA, we will stay a night in LA and then on to Aukland. We are now thinking maybe one week Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more