- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hanmer Springs Adventure Centre. Hanmer Springs Adventure Centre runs quad-bike tours, clay-bird shooting, mountain biking, and archery in the backcountry behind Hanmer Springs. Quad-bike tours leave at 10, 1:30, and 4 each day, bouncing through some spectacular hill country, native bush, river crossings, hill climbs, and stunning scenery over their 24,000-acre Woodbank Station. 20 Conical Hill Rd., Hanmer Springs, 7334. 03/315–7233; 0800/368–7386 (NZ only). www.hanmeradventure.co.nz. From NZ $129; bike rental $NZ25.
Thrillseekers Adventures. Thrillseekers Adventures offer 35-meter (115-foot) bungy jumps off the 19th-century Ferry Bridge. You can also choose to raft or ride on a jet-boat through the scenic gorge or let the kids do a quad-bike safari. Try clay-bird shooting or paintball, or just peer off the 30-meter-high (100-foot) balcony and watch the bungy jumpers and jet-boats in the canyon below. 839 Hanmer Springs Rd, Hanmer Springs, 7334. 03/315–7046; 0800/661–538 (NZ only). www.thrillseekers.co.nz. From $NZ169.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's