- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Rangitata Rafts. Rangitata Rafts runs white-water rafting trips on the Grade V Rangitata River from mid-September through May. The river grades build as you drop lower so if you can't face the Grade V section (the last part of the trip), you can walk around with the photographer then rejoin the raft. Rates include pickup from Geraldine or Christchurch, an early lunch, hot showers, spectacular scenery, a barbecue, and 2 1/2 hours rafting. Reservations are essential. They also do a more gentile Grade II trip that's suitable for anyone eight years or older; it's good fun and a nice introduction to white-water rafting. Non-rafters can relax at the lodge. 03/696–3534; 0800/251–251 (NZ only). www.rafts.co.nz. From NZ$225 (NZ$208 if you self-drive to Peel Forest). Closed Jun.–Sep.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's