Christchurch and Canterbury Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Christchurch and Canterbury
The Arts: Christchurch has a solid collection of galleries, museums, heritage buildings, and cultural activities.
Fantastic Festivals: Hardly a month goes by in Christchurch without a festival staged by one organization or another. Festivals honor various professions, gardens, seasons, and heritage days.
Hiking and Trekking: Arthur's Pass and the Rakaia area have walking and hiking trails; the Rakaia and Rangitata river gorges have boating and picnicking areas.
Parks and Gardens: The city on the swamp, as it might have been called 150 years ago, blossomed into the Garden City thanks to the foresight of Christchurch's city fathers.
Superb Skiing: There are eight major ski slopes and a number of club runs within two hours' drive of Christchurch. Season usually runs from June until September.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's