- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canterbury fans are as rugby-mad as the rest of the country. In fact the first match ever played in New Zealand took place in 1862 in Cranmer Square, in central Christchurch. Every Saturday in winter you can catch little All-Blacks-in-the-making playing games in Hagley Park and suburban parks.
AMI Stadium. Canterbury's professional rugby union team, the Crusaders, have won the most titles in the history of the Super Rugby competition, played between teams from South Africa, Australia, and NZ. So they're not a bad team to watch if you get the chance to cheer them on at their home turf. Their home turf is now a temporary stadium in Addington built in 100 days, after the original stadium was damaged beyond repair. The season goes from February through September. 95 Jack Hinton Dr., Addington, 8024. 03/379–1765. crusaders.co.nz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's