- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Clearwater Golf Club. The 18-hole championship golf course at the Clearwater Golf Club was built on the old Waimakariri riverbed near Christchurch Airport. It's currently home to the ISPS Handa NZ Women's Open and is playable year-round and offers a choice of five tee positions. Rental equipment is onhand. The Peppers Clearwater Resort provides quality on-course accommodation. Clearwater Ave., Harewood, Christchurch, 8051. 03/360–2146. www.clearwatergolf.co.nz. $NZ175; $NZ95 for resort guests.
Terrace Downs. With extensive views of Mt. Hutt and Rakaia Gorge, the 18-hole championship course at Terrace Downs has to be one of the most scenic courses in the South Island. You can rent equipment, and you can even book a villa for the night. The luxurious suites and chalets overlook the golf course and the mighty Southern Alps. Coleridge Rd., Christchurch, 7572. 03/318–6943. www.terracedowns.co.nz. From $NZ135 per person.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's