- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Clearwater Golf Club. The 18-hole championship golf course at the Clearwater Golf Club was built on the old Waimakariri riverbed near Christchurch Airport. Home to the NZ Golf Open, it is playable year-round and offers a choice of five tee positions. The green fee is $135; rental equipment is onhand. The provides quality on-course accommodation (in-house green fees $80). Clearwater Ave., Harewood, Christchurch, 8051. 03/360–2146. www.clearwatergolf.co.nz.
Terrace Downs. With extensive views of Mt. Hutt and Rakaia Gorge, the 18-hole championship course at Terrace Downs has to be one of the most scenic courses in the South Island. You can rent equipment, and you can even book a villa for the night. The luxurious suites and chalets overlook the golf course and the mighty Southern Alps. Green fees start at $125 per person for 18 holes; in-house rates available. Coleridge Rd., Christchurch, 7572. 03/318–6943. www.terracedowns.co.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe