- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
KiwiRail, New Zealand's train operator, has a terminal and booking office at the Britomart Transportation Centre, on the harbor end of Queen Street. Service runs between Auckland and Wellington. The service runs daily between November and April and on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the rest of the year.
Britomart Transport Centre. Feeling peckish or needing to update your Facebook status, then the retail centre of the Britomart Transport Centre has all you need. At the information centre you can book a trip and there's also a currency exchange. The cafe is a good place to sit and watch people going to and from work or to plan your day. Queen Elizabeth Sq., Queen and Quay Sts., Auckland, 1010. 0800/467–536. www.britomart.co.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe