- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Te Whau Vineyard and Café
Te Whau Vineyard and Café Review
With a big wine list of the finest New Zealand and international wines, this award-winning restaurant has been described as one of the best in the world for wine lovers. Many of the vintages are only available here. Spectacularly perched atop a finger of land, the restaurant commands a nearly 360-degree view. Te Whau's own bordeaux blend is much praised, and the chardonnay can only be had here. The menu changes according to the season and what produce is available. Some examples: a grilled beef eye fillet with smoked potato crème, beet chips, and mushroom ketchup and a market fish with clams, vegetable ragout, and gluten-free tomato jus.
- Address: 218 Te Whau Dr., Te Whau Point Hauraki Gulf Islands, Auckland, 1971 | Map It
- Phone: 09/372–7191
- Website: www.tewhau.com
- Location: Hauraki Gulf Islands
- Credit cards accepted.
- Easter–Oct., closed Mon.–Thurs., no dinner Fri. and Sun.; Nov.–Easter, no dinner Sun.–Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
I'm looking for suggestions for my first trip to NZ, Dec 2014/ Jan 2015. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more