- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Fullers operates ferries year-round to Rangitoto daily at 9:15 and 12:15, departing the island at 12:45 and 3:30. The fare is NZ$26 round-trip; boats leave from the Ferry Building. Fullers also arrange Volcanic Explorer tours, which include a guided ride to the summit in a covered carriage. It's NZ$58 for the tour and ferry ride, and you must book in advance.
Fullers ferries also make the 35-minute run from the Ferry Building to Waiheke Island from 5:30 am to 11:45 pm at a cost of NZ$35 round-trip. Return ferries leave every hour on the hour, and every half hour at peak commuter times. However, crossings can be canceled if the seas are rough. Buses meet ferries at the Waiheke terminal and loop the island.
Fullers Booking Office (Ferry Bldg., Quay St., Auckland, 1010. 09/367–9111. www.fullers.co.nz.)
SeaLink (Ara-Tai Dr., Halfmoon Bay, Auckland, 2012. 09/300–5900. www.sealink.co.nz.)
Waiheke Shuttles (09/280–3993. www.gotowaiheke.co.nz/taxi.htm.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's