- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Auckland
Boating and Sailing: Aucklanders are crazy about boating. Get on the water surrounding the "City of Sails" on a commuter ferry, a sailboat, or a racing yacht.
Cuisine and Café Culture: Auckland has some of the country's finest restaurants, as well as little bistro bars, noodle houses, and vibrant neighborhood eateries and cafés.
Year-Round Golf: Frank Nobilo's hometown has more than 20 golf courses, from informal to challenging championship level. Most have stunning scenery, and the Muriwai Golf Club is close to a great surf beach.
Gorgeous Beaches: The West Coast's black-sand beaches attract surfers from around the world; the safest swimming is on the East Coast. Takapuna Beach and Mission Bay are good places to swim. Remember to swim between the flags and slap on the sunscreen.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's