- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Various companies serve Waitemata Harbour; one of the best and least expensive is Fullers. The ferry terminal is on the harbor side of the Ferry Building on Quay Street, near the corner of Albert Street. Boats leave here for Devonport Monday-Thursday 6:15 am-11 pm, Friday and Saturday 6:15 am-1 am, and Sunday 7:15 am-10 pm at half-hour intervals, except for one 45-minute interval between the 9:15 am and 10 am sailings. From 8 pm Monday through Thursday and from 7 pm on Sunday they sail on the hour. The cost is NZ$11 round-trip.
Fullers Booking Office (Ferry Bldg., Quay St., Devonport, 1010. 09/367–9111. www.fullers.co.nz.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's