Spectator Sports in Auckland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eden Park. The city's major stadium is the best place (in winter) to see New Zealand's sporting icon: the All Blacks, one of the best rugby teams in the world. More frequently, it sees the Auckland Blues, a Super 12 rugby team that plays professional franchise opponents from Australia, South Africa, and other parts of New Zealand. Cricket teams arrive in summer. For information on sporting events, check out What's On Auckland, a monthly guide available from the Auckland i-SITE Visitor Centre. Reimers Ave., Auckland, 1024. www.edenpark.co.nz.
Ticketek. The big games sell fast through this ticket agency. 09/307–5000. www.ticketek.co.nz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's