Spectator Sports in Auckland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eden Park. Eden Park is the city's major stadium for big sporting events. This is the best place in winter to see New Zealand's sporting icon, the rugby team All Blacks, one of the best in the world. More frequently, it sees the Auckland Blues, a Super 12 rugby team that plays professional franchise opponents from Australia, South Africa, and other parts of New Zealand. Cricket teams arrive in summer. For information on sporting events, check out What's On Auckland, a monthly guide available from the Auckland i-SITE Visitor Centre. www.edenpark.co.nz.
Ticketek. The big games sell fast and tickets can be booked through Ticketek. 09/307–5000. www.ticketek.co.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe