Visitors should avoid getting involved in the occasional political protest or demonstration. The independence movement is quite strong in some areas (that is between the French administrators and the Kanak peoples), so visitors must not displays any symbols that belong to either side of the debate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's