Noumea Market Review
If you're feeling ambitious, skip the bland fare served for breakfast at hotels and hop on a local bus to reach this wonderful market. Here you can start the day with a croque monsieur (the rich and classic French grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich) or a croque madame (a monsieur topped with a fried or poached egg), a to-die-for croissant or pastry, and steaming-hot coffee. The market is also a great source of succulent passionfruits, pineapples, and papaya. It's open until 11 am, so there's time to eat breakfast late, as many locals do, and then shop for clothes and trinkets. Situated a short walk from the cruise terminal, at the marina at Port Moselle, the market is on the hop-on-hop-off bus route and can also be accessed by taking bus No. 1 on the green bus route.
- Address: Marina, Port Moselle, Rue Georges Clemenceau, Noumea
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Noumea
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more
Bookiers be warned! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more