Noumea Market Review
If you're feeling ambitious, skip the bland fare served for breakfast at hotels and hop on a local bus to reach this wonderful market. Here you can start the day with a croque monsieur (the rich and classic French grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich) or a croque madame (a monsieur topped with a fried or poached egg), a to-die-for croissant or pastry, and steaming-hot coffee. The market is also a great source of succulent passionfruits, pineapples, and papaya. It's open until 11 am, so there's time to eat breakfast late, as many locals do, and then shop for clothes and trinkets. Situated a short walk from the cruise terminal, at the marina at Port Moselle, the market is on the hop-on-hop-off bus route and can also be accessed by taking bus No. 1 on the green bus route.
- Address: Marina, Port Moselle, Rue Georges Clemenceau, Noumea,
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Noumea
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1799 & up -- Fiji: 5-Night Upscale Getaway w/Air & Tours Travelscene
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- Papua New Guinea & the Sepik River — $9,995 IExplore
In April, 2013, we traveled to Tahiti where we stayed on the islands of Moorea and Tahiti prior to boarding an Oceania cruise that sailed through French Polynesia and the Society Islands. Read more
My other half and I recently spent a lovely four day weekend in Margaret River, thanks to the rare occurrence of a rotating Friday off and a Monday public holiday.
For those wanting the wordless version, Read more
For some time I've been haunting these boards and butting into other people's threads, so i thought that it was high time that I had a go at working out my own itinerary for you all to take pot shots at. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more