Le 360 Review
The view dazzles at this 19th-floor eatery, the only revolving restaurant in New Caledonia, which delivers an ever-changing view of the blue waters of Anse Vata Bay, the off-shore islands to the west and south, downtown Noumea, and the regional bushland areas beyond the city. The menu is French—tuck into the escargot and the stuffed lobster, and enjoy the fresh-baked baguettes. The four-course French dégustation menu (7,500 CFP) is a good deal, and it may feature foie gras, risotto and prawns, or succulent beef, while among the desserts, don't miss the half-baked chocolate cake with vanilla sauce and vanilla ice cream. Sometimes diners, because the restaurant revolves, forget which table is theirs, so the staff marks each table with different-color, brightly lit LED napkins in the evening. It's a nice touch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more