Aquarium des Lagoons Nouvelle Caledonie
Aquarium des Lagoons Nouvelle Caledonie Review
Opened in 2007 at a cost of around $18 million, the Aquarium of the Lagoon is a wonderful place to while away a few hours. You can view sea turtles, sharks, stonefish, and the ubiquitous sea snake, along with 150 other species of underwater creatures. The trophy is the nautilus, an ancient mollusk with a hard, spiral shell. The original aquarium (opened in the 1956 and the forerunner to this new building) was the first in the world to display a nautilus in captivity. Exhibits are arranged with a variety of themes and tanks—freshwater, lagoons, mangroves, coastal, the open sea, and the ocean depths, which is where the nautilus dwells. The fluorescent living corals are a popular display.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more
We are planning for our honeymoon during Christmas / new year time mostly from 23rd Dec till Jan 3rd 2015 in Australia. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more