Guam Travel Guide
Plan Your Guam Vacation
The southernmost and largest of the Mariana Islands, Guam is an overseas territory of the United States. With around 200,000 people crammed onto little more than 200 square miles, as well as a civil airport and U.S. Naval and Air Force bases, it's not a deserted tropical paradise. It is, however, a beautiful and cosmopolitan place with a fascinating mix of Asian, European, and Polynesian cultures, the latter thanks to its indigenous Chamorro people. Justly famed for its laid-back attitude and the warm hospitality of the locals, this remote island packs a remarkable amount into its diminutive frame.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Guam restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more