- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
The Tuamotus are sleepy, laid-back places, with no nightlife. If it's nightlife you want, look somewhere else.
For a diversified experience, book a variety of excursions—drift snorkeling, pearl farm visits, bird island tours, and motu picnics complete with visits to remote villages.
If you're torn between which Rangiroa excursions to take, opt for the stunning Ile aux Recifs trip. The coral formations (known as feo) rise meters out of the water.
Book a pension with a good view of a pass that connects the lagoon to the ocean. You'll see frolicking dolphins from your terrace.
There are no streetlights, so bring a flashlight.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe