- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Le Vaimario Review
This restaurant attracts quite a crowd of locals on weekends and a few guests from the nearby Hotel Maitai Rangiroa. As one of only a handful of independent restaurants on the island it gets busy during the high season. Dine indoors or out under a thatched roof on a mainly French menu with a long list of pizzas (all 1,600 CFP) as well. You might start with homemade foie gras, followed by shrimp sautéed with orange and ginger, and then end with a classic French treat such as profiteroles.
- Address: Main road, Avatoru, Tuamotu Archipelago 98775
- Phone: 96-05-96
- Hours: 11:30--2, 6:30--9; Closed Sun. night and Mon.
- Location: Rangiroa
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $6799 -- Moorea 6-Nt. Family Escape w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $6,799 Tahiti Legends
- $2350 -- Tahiti 5-Nights at Moorea Luxury Resort, w/Air — $2,350 Tahiti Legends
- $2059 -- Tahiti & Huahine 5-Nt. Island Escape w/Air — $2,059 Tahiti Legends
- $2345 & up -- Tahiti Weeklong Escapes w/Air, Breakfast — $2,345 Pleasant Holidays
In April, 2013, we traveled to Tahiti where we stayed on the islands of Moorea and Tahiti prior to boarding an Oceania cruise that sailed through French Polynesia and the Society Islands. Read more
We had an awesome trip to Bora Bora last October. Read more
Thinking of going to Tahiti at Christmas and have a few questions: 1) Should I be concerned about the weather? Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more