- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Tamatoa 2. Tamatoa 2, a 24-foot boat based at Pension Vaiama Village, takes 12 passengers on excursions to bird islands, motu picnic spots, and Tetamanu village. The other pensions also run lagoon excursions, which are around 7,500 CFP per person. Rotoava, Tuamotu Archipelago. 98-41-13. www.fakaravavaiama.com.
Fakarava Explorer. This covered 32-foot motor boat can take up to 10 passengers on lagoon and coral reef excursions.
It's based at Pension Paparara at Rotoava Rotoava, Tuamotu Archipelago. 98-42-66 or 73-93-89. www.fakarava-divelodge.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's