Tuamotu Archipelago Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
Plan Your Tuamotu Archipelago Vacation
Tuamotu means "islands on the ocean's back," and some romantic observers liken them to the backs of surfacing whales. Each is comprised of hundreds of little motu (islets), which are clumps of coral, sand, and limestone strung together to form circular or rectangular shapes of white enclosing blue lagoons. Fringed by white beaches and sprouting lush green coconut groves, the motu are the reality of most people's South Seas paradise dreams.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Tuamotu Archipelago restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Tuamotu Archipelago
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *