Getting Here and Around
Flying time from Tahiti to Tubuai nonstop is about three hours; most flights stop at one of the other islands extending the flight by another hour.
Getting around the island is easy as one road encircles the island and another cuts across the middle. Roads are not usually paved but mainly packed sand or gravel. There is no public transport, but cars and bicycles can be rented and family pensions usually organize picnics and rent out boats and other beach-type equipment. Hitching a lift is pretty common, too.
Mauterai Car Rental - Pension Toena. This rental agency is located at Pension Toena near the town of Taahuaia. Taahueia, Taahueia, Tubuai. 95–04–12. www.toena.fr.cr.
Harii Taata Association (95–07–12. firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's