Hiking, Horses & 4WD Tours
The interior of both islands is rugged, and a variety of options are available for touring. These treks range from gentle eco-walks to 4WD safari trips in Range Rovers and jeeps. Operators of the latter take visitors through lush tropical jungle, up onto high ridges, and through vanilla and pineapple farms. Horseback trail rides on the slopes of Raiatea's Mt. Tamahani are also popular.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's