Getting Here and Around
Air Tahiti flies direct to Nuku Hiva from Pape'ete every day of the week; the flight time averages around 2½ hours. There is no public transport, but cars and bikes can be rented and there are plenty of taxis. Horse riding is also a popular way of getting around but plan to do a fair bit of walking.
Nuku Islands Excursions Marquises (92-04-89.)
Nuku Rent-a-Car (92-08-87.)
Andre Teikiteetini (21-08-94.)
Jean-Claude Dupont (92-08-22.)
Elisabeth Kautai (92-08-87.)
Martine Haiti (92-01-19.)
Nuku Hiva Tourism Committee (Taiohae, Nuku Hiva. 92 08 25. www.marquises.pf. Mon.–Fri. 7:30–4.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's