Getting Here & Around
Fatu Hiva does not have an airport, but there's a boat from Hiva Oa. As it's not a regular service, the trip has to be organized through the Pensions; the trip takes about 3½ hours.
The island has no form of public transport or taxis, but there are two 4WD services that are also contracted through the pensions. Most people walk, but biking and horseback riding are also popular modes of transport.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's