When to Go
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
When to Go
Tahiti has two seasons: the wet (November–April) and the dry (May–October). The latter is also slightly cooler and is the high season for travel. The hottest months are February and March with temperatures rising to around 27°C (81°F); July and August are the coolest months with temperatures at around 24°C (76°F).
The Heiva music and dance festival takes place in July along with an arts festival. Other events include the Billabong Pro Surfing competition at Teahupoo in August and early September, and Tattoonesia, a meeting of Polynesian and foreign tattoo artists, in November.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's