Shopping in Tahiti
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Pape'ete is the place to shop for everything from the hippest Tahitian shirt to souvenirs such as pareos, Marquesan carved bowls, ukuleles, baskets, woven hats, tikis, and monoi oil, which are all available in the public market. There are plenty of boutiques along Boulevard Pomare and in Centre Vaima and Fare Tony, and dozens of pearl shops, which seem to never close. Galleries have exquisite wooden items and paintings. There is little outside the capital, save for a few stores in local shopping malls and the museum gift shops on the west coast.
Browse Tahiti Shopping
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's