- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Te Hi Hi O Te Ra
At a Glance
- Robinson Crusoe experience
- Shared bathrooms, no a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Te Hi Hi O Te Ra Review
This three-room pension in Tautira is one of the only places to stay in this remote section of Tahiti Iti. Tautira has an "edge of the world" feel about it; it's on a black-sand beach and is backed by mountains covered in thick foliage. This is a get-away-from-it-all experience, although the little town has enough parishioners to fill two churches. Rooms are simple and clean, have linen and mosquito nets, and share a hot-water bathroom. There's a lounge with TV and a dining room.
- Address: PK 18, North Coastal road, Tautira Tautira, Tahiti 98719
- Phone: 57–92–78
- Location: Tahiti Iti
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more
You know what's been missing from those long-haul trips to Australia and New Zealand you've been taking?... Read more