- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- Great location with mountain views, good value for money
- No a/c, basic facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Chez Jeannie Review
If you like remote locales with fantastic rural and mountain views, you've come to the right place. Chez Jeannine is located on the Taravao plateau, a few miles inland from the both the north and south coast of Tahiti Iti and just a 10-minute drive from Taravao. The views of Tahiti Nui's towering mountains and over the lagoons to either side are fantastic. The pension has rooms and bungalows all with private bathrooms and fans, while some have kitchens. All meals can be provided. The pension has a communal TV lounge, pool and WiFi.
- Address: PK 4, Taravao Plateau Rd., Taravao Taravao, Tahiti 98719
- Phone: 57–07–49
- Location: Tahiti Iti
- 4 bungalows, 2 rooms.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more
You know what's been missing from those long-haul trips to Australia and New Zealand you've been taking?... Read more