- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Carre Review
Considered one of the best tables in Pape'ete, Le Carre has a lounge feel due to its subdued lighting, music, and sophisticated ambience. Start with lobster ravioli, with peppermint, ginger, and anise; the adventurous might order the breaded pig's foot with roasted scallops and beets, and a rosemary emulsion. Main dishes include the delicious chef's fish cassolette (stew) flavored with smoked butter, vanilla, and Avatea liqueur. There's a degustation menu, as well as several set menu options that include the two-course option (main and dessert).
- Address: Le Méridien Tahiti, PK 15, Coastal road, Puna'auia, Tahiti 98718
- Phone: 47–07–23
- Location: Tahiti Nui
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more
You know what's been missing from those long-haul trips to Australia and New Zealand you've been taking?... Read more